Wednesday, December 23, 2009

ALL SPACE-JAMMED OUT


As all of you may or may not know today marked the release of arguably this years hottest JB release. That's right the famous Space Jam Jordan made infamous of course by His Airness and the movie Space Jam. Let me just say that hype or no hype this is a very nice shoe top to icy sole, and apparently I'm not the only person who thought so. My local spot opened at 7:AM today. I, thinking I'd get a jump on things, decided to get there a little early. I arrived @ 6:30 and to my surprise there was a line of about 35 people standing outside. I thought about leaving and coming back later seeing as how I was only buying for the kids and had gotten mine reserved a week before. But I thought wow this is the first and probably the last time I will ever stand on line for a pair of kicks. So I did. All in all the two hour wait was pleasant security and the early morning mall walkers with the occasional hello. Sharing stories about releases past with fellow sneaker-fiends, it was quite an experience. More than anything though this was a chance to see love and pure devotion, weather it was a gift for a loved one or for themselves everyone of us around 55 total all stood patiently and waited for our little peice of history. Neadless to say NOT EVERYONE GOT A PAIR BUT the love runs deep, deeper than anyone who isn't a sneakerhead will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. space jam j's dats wuzz up bra i need these wit da icy sole

    ReplyDelete